In order to practise in the UK, healthcare, social workers and paramedics need to be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
To do so, you need to fill in the HCPC registration form. Below we have included some helpful guidelines to completing this form.
If you have been registered with HCPC or GSCC, please contact your consultant and would be able to advise you which one is the right application form that you have to complete.
The application must be completed with black pen and with BLOCK CAPITALS. Together with the application form, you must provide HCPC with the following additional documents:
- Two certified* copies of your ID (passport, driving license or ID card)
- Certified evidence of any change of name (if applicable)
- Certified copy of your qualification/s
- Certified copy of IELTS test if English is not your first language or an English language declaration if English is your first language(this is not applicable for Paramedics currently)
- Certified copy of the professional body in your country (similar to HCPC in UK)
- Proof of address (bank statement or utility bill) in its original form or a certified copy
If the documents mentioned above are not in English you will have to add the translated version too.
*Certified documents – these documents must be certified as a true copy of the original by a person of professional standing in the community. This means that the person you ask to certify your document(s) must write on it ‘I certify that this is a true copy of the original document’ and must sign it and print their name and professional title. The person who certifies your documents(s) can be:
- an accountant
- a solicitor
- a barrister or other legal practitioner
- a bank manager
- a Justice of the Peace or other judicial official
- a minister of the Church, Rabbi, Imam or other recognised religious official
- a Member of Parliament, Member of Scottish Parliament, Member of the Northern Ireland Assembly, Member of the Welsh Assembly
- an Officer in HM Armed Forces
- a teacher or lecturer
- a registered health and care professional
Pages 15 and 16 of the application must be completed by your current employer, who should be the same person who you mention on page 8.
Pages 18 and 19 must be completed by your previous employer, who should be the same person who you mention on page 10.
When you provide email addresses from a university or the professional body in your country, please check that they are valid.
- £495 covering your scrutiny fee – which has to be paid when your application is received by HCPC. Some employers may offer funding to cover this cost; your consultant will be able to confirm this when discussing the roles.
- £180 covering your 2 years membership fee – which has to be paid at the end of the registration process (HCPC will contact you directly for this payment).
The HCPC registration process can take up to 16 weeks.