Unqualified Social Worker Assistant
Salary: From £00.00 to £14.78 per hour
- The service and intervention provided is person centred and aims to support people to maintain their independence and where possible remain living in their own homes and communities. Good customer service is required with all actions agreed followed through.
- Hold a caseload of older people or adults with disabilities who require Care Act compliant assessments with appropriate supervision and advice. This could involve assessment, care planning, funding requests, completion of support plans, completion of risk assessments and reassessments.
- Working in local let’s talk local sessions, residential placements or private households to offer reassessments to user and carers in line with the Care Act 2014
- Based on an assessment of need to devise and implement an appropriate care plan including where appropriate use of assistive technology and local services from the voluntary and private sector.
- Working alongside health and community colleagues to support people to remain in their own homes within their own communities and avoid hospital or residential admissions.
- Working alongside Health and Community colleagues to support discharge from hospital applying the principles of maximising independence to ensure people are supported to regain their ability to manage their own care and support needs. If greater support is required to consider outcomes to achieve longer term independence where possible.
- Ensuring identified individual and service performance targets are achieved.
- To follow and apply quality assurance policies including taking an active role in constructive use of workload management models, supervision and appraisals.
- Working with colleagues will ensure the team functions successfully in support of the Council’s corporate and service objectives.
- To contribute to the development of new models of work and service under the supervision of the Team Manager, Senior Social Worker or Care Manager / Social Worker.
- To participate in meetings which will include team, peer sessions, legal planning, case review meetings etc.
- To take part in the office rotas when required for example team, same day response, admission avoidance, emergencies etc.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: