Social Worker – Safeguarding
Salary: From £29.93 to £32.33 per hour
HCL Workforce Solutions is looking to recruit Social workers / Senior Practitioners to work in a Safeguarding team for our master vend client, a children’s trust in the Birmingham area of the West Midlands.
This role is based at Lifford house under a very stable Head of Service and management team. Ideally we need full time cover – 37hrs but will consider part time.
Office working is available at Lifford house, when required, but generally working from home unless on visits.
Due to the urgent need the Head of Service has advised they will look at Non-caseholding social workers as well as the option for workers to hold only CIN or Court cases if they wish.
About the role
The Safeguarding teams work with children and families whose needs are so complex or significant that intervention is necessary to prevent risk of harm. Focused on positive outcomes, they work in challenging yet supportive and collaborative ways, making use of Child Protection Plans and Child in Need Plans.
The teams have strong links with the Looked After Children and Education Services, Fostering and Adoption, the Internal Therapeutic Service and the Leaving Care Service. We work closely with a range of partners including the Health Service, Schools Service and our own Independent Reviewing Service to ensure the voices of children and young people are always central to our practice.
We have been working with this council for over five years as a master vendor, and have placed hundreds of social work professionals there.
It is an exciting time to join the team in Birmingham – since they relaunched as a Children’s Trust in April 2018, there has been significant progress in development across all of the children’s social care services they provide. The work our candidates carry out, building relationships and supporting some of the most disadvantaged young people in the city is vitally important – the focus on delivering great social work remains paramount.
About the team:
- Average caseload is 19- 20 children
- They hold team practise weeks where they share case reviews from other authorities to look at what they would do differently based off the notes – provides a collaborative training exercise in which they can learn off of each other and seek advice.
- Team lunches to de-stress as a collective and get to know your colleagues ( The team lead with the structure and how often) , both virtual and in person.
- Tight bonded team with a good dynamic and very supportive in and out of times of crisis.
What you will need for this role:
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- SWE registration
- Relevant social work qualification with at least 2 years post-qualifying experience
- Current DBS/DBS Update Service
- Access to a car and a full UK driving licence
- Safeguarding Experience of 2+ years
Who are HCL Workforce Solutions?
HCL Workforce Solutions provides services to both public and private sector organisations, covering Qualified Social Workers of all specialities including Children and Families to Adult Services and approved mental health professionals. HCL are at the forefront of qualified and unqualified social care provision.
Before placing you in any social work role, we will make sure that the job matches your skill set and is aligned with your ambitions as a social work professional. A healthy work-life balance is crucial to long-term success in any sort of career, so we will make great efforts to match you with roles that can accommodate your personal needs and commitments.
We believe that motivation and job satisfaction are key to ensuring that you are able to deliver the highest possible standard of care to every service user you encounter, so our recruitment practices reflect this.
Benefits of working with HCL :
- A lucrative referral scheme
- Weekly payments
- Dedicated registration team to help you through the process
- Career support and guidance from an experienced consultant
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
Interested in taking the next step in your career?
We’d love to speak to you about this role and client – if you’re interested in having a chat in more detail about the position, apply online today with your CV.
You can also give Caitlyn West a call on 020 7861 8777 to discuss any questions you may have.
If this isn’t the role for you, we work with local authorities and private employers throughout the UK – give us a call to discuss how we can help find you the perfect social work role for you!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: