Senior Social Worker – Safeguarding
Salary: From £29.93 to £32.33 per hour
Senior Social Worker – Safeguarding – Birmingham Children’s Trust
We are currently looking for Senior Social Workers to join the children’s safeguarding service within Birmingham Children’s Trust. This role is based in South Birmingham and is a full time temporary post lasting for a minimum of 3 months.
About the Role:
As a Senior Social Worker, you will be working at the forefront of best practice to deliver first class support to vulnerable children and families. This will include managing a complex and diverse caseload. You must have excellent written and verbal skills as you will need to prepare and deliver reports to conferences and court hearings. You will need substantial knowledge of childcare legislation and experience of conducting assessments as well as presenting care plans to conferences and reviews. You must be passionate about working with families to achieve the best outcome and will be a competent and proactive team player to support the smooth running and working of the service.
- 3 years post qualifying experience
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Experience of safeguarding and care proceedings essential
- Knowledge and understanding of appropriate assessment tools and research.
- Experience of child Protection, Care planning and Court work.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Social Work England registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Hold a full UK licence
- Post-qualified experience
- A lucrative referral scheme
- Weekly payments
- Dedicated registration team to help you through the process
- Career support and guidance from an experienced consultant
- Full preparation and support before the interview and throughout your placement
Interested in taking the next step in your career?
We’d love to speak to you about this role and client – if you’re interested in having a chat in more detail about the position, apply online today with your CV.
You can also give Caitlyn West a call on 02078618777 to discuss any questions you may have.
If this isn’t the role for you, we work with local authorities and private employers throughout the UK – give us a call to discuss how we can help find you the perfect social work role for you!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: