Locum Social Worker – Safeguarding
Salary: From £29.93 to £32.33 per hour
Are you a passionate, dedicated Social Worker looking for a new challenge? HCL Workforce Solutions is working with our client, Birmingham Children’s Trust to recruit a experienced Social Worker to work in a local Children’s Safeguarding team.
The Safeguarding teams intervene with children and families in challenging yet collaborative ways, to prevent significant risk of harm. Focused on positive outcomes, they use Child Protection Plans and Child in Need Plans.
Ideally, full time cover at 37hrs but will consider part time.
Bit about the Team:
- Average caseload is 19- 20 children
- They hold team practise weeks where they share case reviews from other authorities to look at what they would do differently based off the notes – provides a collaborative training exercise in which they can learn off of each other and seek advice.
- Team lunches to de-stress as a collective and get to know your colleagues ( The team lead with the structure and how often) , both virtual and in person.
- Tight bonded team with a good dynamic and very supportive in and out of times of crisis.
Non Caseholding role specifically :
- to complete bulk statutory assessments for the team – i.e. Parenting / Viability / Risk / S7’s / that follow our relationship based and trauma informed practice model.
- They need to be high quality court ready assessments, completed within timescales and robust risk analysed throughout with the voice (wishes and feelings where relevant) of the child throughout the assessment.
- Would include visits to families / carers and cyp in order to fact find, then complete assessments.
Need to work with SW’s and SWA’s closely and have strong professional relationship and multi-agency working skills.
What you will need:
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Social Work England Registration
- Clear enhanced DBS
- Minimum of 2 years’ UK Social Work experience
How to apply
Interested in exploring locum opportunities at Birmingham Children’s Trust? Apply online today with your CV or call Neven on 07936348296 to discuss this role and any questions you may have. We also work with various other trusts and local authorities across the UK – contact us to discuss how we can find your next role!
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: