Assessment Social Worker – Care Management
Salary: From £27.53 to £32.34 per hour
Are you a committed and experienced Social Worker looking for a new challenge, or perhaps the next stage in your career? HCL Workforce Solutions is working with our client, Sandwell Children’s Trust to find a Assessment Social Worker to work in the Care Management team.
Sandwell Children’s Trust is a fairly new trust, lending it the advantage of being small enough to be a tight-knit unit, but large enough to offer fantastic opportunities. Since the Trust’s inception in April 2018, their teams have won awards for Community Cohesion and Youth Justice of the Year Award at the UK wide 2019 Shine a Light Awards.
This is a truly excellent opportunity, and somewhere that locums love working in – around 44% of the agency staff that have chosen to work with Sandwell Children’s Trust have stayed for a year or more!
What you will be doing:
You will be ensuring the best outcome possible for children, young people and their families, through safeguarding and promoting their welfare.
- Managing a complex caseload of children and young people
- Conducting a range of assessments such as: Parenting Assessments, including PAMs, Section 7 reports, Section 37 reports, Risk assessments, Initial Viability Assessments, Pre-birth assessments
- Using best practice and ensuring all legislative requirements are met
- Delivering high-quality children’s plans in a pro-active and timely manner.
- Empowering children, young people, and their families/carers by listening to their views
- Providing written reports, in a variety of different formats as required by the receiver of the court
What you will need for this role:
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Social Work England registration
- Relevant social work qualification with at least 2 years post-qualifying experience
- Current DBS/DBS Update Service
- Access to a car and a full UK driving licence
- Experience of Court Work
- A sound knowledge of legislation and guidance.
- Good knowledge of child development
Who are HCL Workforce Solutions?
HCL Workforce Solutions provides services to both public and private sector organisations, covering Qualified Social Workers of all specialities including Children and Families to Adult Services and approved mental health professionals. HCL Social Care are at the forefront of qualified and unqualified social care provision.
Before placing you in any social work role, we will make sure that the job matches your skill set and is aligned with your ambitions as a social work professional. A healthy work-life balance is crucial to long-term success in any sort of career, so we will make great efforts to match you with roles that can accommodate your personal needs and commitments.
Benefits of working with HCL:
- A lucrative referral scheme
- Weekly payments
- Dedicated registration team to help you through the process
- Career support and guidance from an experienced consultant
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
Interested in taking the next step in your career with Sandwell?
Apply online today with your CV or call 020 7861 8777 to discuss this role and any questions you may have. We also work with various other trusts and local authorities across the UK – contact us to discuss how we can find your next role!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: