Environmental Health Officer Lambeth London
Salary: From £45000 to £45000 per annum
We’re supporting our clients as they adapt to a new world in the wake of COVID-19. The role of Environmental Health Officer for Lambeth is more important than ever.
Location: London (central/south)
Contract: Fixed term contract until March/April 2021 with potential to extend
Salary: up to £45k per annum (prorated)
Our client provides supporting services which ensure legislative compliance and procedural guidance in relation to appeals, infection, accidents and risks. You will be using your previous experience of local authority safety inspections to uphold the necessary standards.
The scope covers
- Scrutinise, process and comment on applications, plans reports schemes or other submissions for environmental guidance or clearance as directed.
- Undertake the sampling, testing or seizure of products, materials, gases or substances and recording of noise.
- Liaise with officers within Regulatory Services, council services, outside organisations, companies and individuals in order to deliver an effective Environmental Health Service.
- Identify licensable premises and take all necessary steps to licence the premises within target times, ensure compliance of licencing conditions, and taking the relevant enforcement action.
- Carry out the enforcement of legislation and other powers in a timely and efficient manner, as may be required in line with service and statutory legal guidelines. This will include the presentation of evidence at legal and other quasi-judicial hearings. Initiate legal action where appropriate advising the Legal Service of technical considerations and contraventions.
Who are HCL?
HCL is a healthcare recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified nursing and clinical staff for temporary and permanent work across a range of clients including NHS and private healthcare employers. If you work with us, you’ll see patient care is at the heart of HCL’s robust recruitment approach and you’ll receive a great on boarding experience.
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of care and would like to work in this outstanding environment, we would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements.
Apply online with your CV or call Chris Wethered in our office for a confidential discussion about your career!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24, part of Affinity Workforce.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: