Childrens Social Worker
Salary: From £27 to £28 per hour
HCL are currently recruiting a Qualified Social Worker to join the Newcastle City Council team! This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and progressive authority and be part of a great team with exceptional support offered from all colleagues across multi-disciplinary sectors.
This is an ongoing locum contract with a fantastic pay rate of £27 – £28 per hour!
Benefits of the Role:
- Pay Rate of £27 – £28 per hour
- Flexible working is considered in most teams
- Full support offered
- The majority of Social Worker within Newcastle have recently reported its a “good place to work with good support, including access to training and workable caseloads”
- Presenting care plans to conferences and reviews
- Handling CIN & CP cases
- Presenting written and verbal evidence in court
- A variety of Social Work interventions will be used including casework, direct work on an outreach basis, and when appropriate, group work
- Preparing child protection and children in need reports
- Interventions will be aimed at preventing the escalation in family breakdown and to stabilise the child/young person’s situation
- Completing Section 47 Investigations
- Mentoring and supervising Newly Qualified Social Workers
Benefits of working with HCL Social Care:
- Referral incentive of £200 per person successfully referred
- Weekly payments on our daily payroll system
- Career support and Guidance from an experienced consultant
- Industry leading compliance
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
To apply, you will need:
- At least 2 years, post qualifying experience
- Relevant social work qualifications
- E.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW
- HCPC registration
- Current DBS/DBS Update Service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Access to a vehicle and full UK Driving Licence
How to apply
Interested in exploring locum opportunities with us? Apply online today with your CV or email email@example.com to discuss this role and any questions you may have. We also work with various other trusts and local authorities across the UK – contact us to discuss how we can find your next role!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: