Childrens Social Worker – Durham
Salary: From £27 to £28 per hour
HCL are currently recruiting a Qualified Social Worker to join our team at Durham County Council! This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and progressive authority and be part of a great team with exceptional support offered from all colleagues across multi-disciplinary sectors.
What you will be doing:
- Presenting care plans to conferences and reviews
- Handling CIN & CP cases
- Presenting written and verbal evidence in court
- A variety of Social Work interventions will be used including casework, direct work on an outreach basis, and when appropriate, group work
- Preparing child protection and children in need reports
- Interventions will be aimed at preventing the escalation in family breakdown and to stabilise the child/young person’s situation
- Completing Section 47 Investigations
- Mentoring and supervising Newly Qualified Social Workers
Benefits of the Role:
- Pay Rate of £29.28 per hour!
- 37 hour weeks
- Flexible working is considered in most teams
- Reading offer support towards new members
- The majority of Social Worker within Reading have recently reported its a “good place to work with good support, including access to training and workable caseloads”
- Undergoing an improvement plan
Benefits of working with HCL Social Care:
- Referral incentive of £200 per person successfully referred
- Weekly payments on our daily payroll system
- Career support and Guidance from an experienced consultant
- Industry leading compliance
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
To apply, you will need:
- At least 2 years, post qualifying experience
- Relevant social work qualifications
- E.g. CQSW, CSS, DipSW
- HCPC registration
- Current DBS/DBS Update Service
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Access to a vehicle and full UK Driving Licence
Who are HCL Workforce Solutions?
HCL Workforce Solutions provides services to both public and private sector organisations, covering Qualified Social Workers of all specialities including Children and Families to Adult Services and approved mental health professionals. HCL are at the forefront of qualified and unqualified social care provision.
Before placing you in any social work role, we will make sure that the job matches your skill set and is aligned with your ambitions as a social work professional. A healthy work-life balance is crucial to long-term success in any sort of career, so we will make great efforts to match you with roles that can accommodate your personal needs and commitments.
We believe that motivation and job satisfaction are key to ensuring that you are able to deliver the highest possible standard of care to every service user you encounter, so our recruitment practices reflect this.
Interested in taking the next step in your career?
We’d love to speak to you about this role and client – if you’re interested in having a chat in more detail about the position, apply online today with your CV.
You can also email email@example.com to discuss any questions you may have.
If this isn’t the role for you, we work with local authorities and private employers throughout the UK – give us a call to discuss how we can help find you the perfect social work role for you!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: