APIP – Quality & Assurance
Salary: From £29.93 to £32.34 per hour
About the role:
HCL Workforce are looking for an experience Advanced Practice Improvement Practitioner to join the quality and assurance team. Your role will be to act as a professional expert practice lead and mentor, supporting the development and improvement of practice standards, providing case consultation, assisting with training interventions and workforce planning, providing advice and guidance on complex casework and promoting a learning culture. To take responsibility for the ASYE social workers in their designated area, to support their professional development, training and providing reflective individual and group supervision
The post holder takes responsibility for quality, standards and practice in Children’s Services and development of specialist functions within a defined area of the service. The post holder works closely with the Principal Social Worker to improve practice standards and deliver the objectives within the Service Business Plan and Improvement Plan. They will develop relationships widely within the service as well as with external partners and network regionally as appropriate.
The post holder takes responsibility for development of specialist Children’s services including researching and disseminating best practice, assisting in training and development and workforce planning, playing a key part in the ASYE programme and supporting the induction of new staff into the service.
What you will be doing in the role:
- To support the maintaining of consistency and quality standards of practice within a defined service area. Attending relevant Quality Surgeries, permanency planning meetings, casework meetings regarding plans for children as well as team and other relevant meetings that may be identified; undertaking audits, delivering workshops, providing consultations and joint working cases to support quality of practice
- To support the newly qualified social workers and take responsibility for the professional development of the ASYE social workers. Give regular reflective supervision, training and learning development opportunities to provide professional challenge and nurture excellent social work practice.
- To undertake joint visits with social workers and family support workers as necessary on complex cases and/or cases that consultation is being offered to add value to the consultation arrangements. To demonstrate best practice through case holding a maximum of two complex cases.
- To assist the team managers and operational leaders in the management of risk and operational requirements in order to maintain delivery and quality of services.
- Data quality and records
What you will need for this role:
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- HCPC registration
- Relevant social work qualification with at least 2 years post-qualifying experience
- Current DBS/DBS Update Service
- Access to a car and a full UK driving licence
- Proven significant experience of working effectively with children, young people and their families who are assessed as having very complex needs.
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and/or supervising the work of others.
Who are HCL Workforce Solutions?
HCL Workforce Solutions provides services to both public and private sector organisations, covering Qualified Social Workers of all specialities including Children and Families to Adult Services and approved mental health professionals. HCL Social Care are at the forefront of qualified and unqualified social care provision.
Before placing you in any social work role, we will make sure that the job matches your skill set and is aligned with your ambitions as a social work professional. A healthy work-life balance is crucial to long-term success in any sort of career, so we will make great efforts to match you with roles that can accommodate your personal needs and commitments.
Benefits of working with HCL:
- A lucrative referral scheme
- Weekly payments
- Dedicated registration team to help you through the process
- Career support and guidance from an experienced consultant
- Full preparation and support before interview and throughout your placement
Interested in taking the next step in your career with Sandwell?
Apply online today with your CV or call 020 7861 8777 to discuss this role and any questions you may have.
If this isn’t the role for you, we work with local authorities and private employers throughout the UK – give us a call to discuss how we can help find you the perfect social work role for you!
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: