Salary: From £33037 to £36708 per annum
Salary: £33,037 – £36,708 (with a 4% Shift enhancement) and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
As a Theatre Scrub Practitioner, you will assess, develop, implement and evaluate programmes of care for patients undergoing surgical procedures with minimal supervision. In addition to this, you will also actively contribute to the maintenance of an environment that is conducive to the delivery and promotion of a high standard of patient care.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Deliver a consistently high standard of patient care utilising evidence based practice
- Assessing, planning, delivering and evaluation of peri-operative patient care
- Prepare equipment and instruments according to the individual needs of the patient and Surgeon, as well as involvement with the updating of Surgeon preference cards
- Ensure all equipment is checked prior to use and any faults reported to the Theatre Co-ordinator immediately.
- Prepare patients and provide assistance for clinical/operative procedures
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives
Skills & Experience:
- Registered Nurse or ODP
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Ideally experience in Scrubbing for Orthopaedics, Gynaecology or Urology.
Reward & recognition
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- 5hrs holiday each year
- With the option to buy and sell and excellent career development
- With clear career pathways and access to further education.
- We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK Subject to terms and conditions.
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: