Sister – Cardiac
The Cardiac Sister, is accountable and responsible for the care delivery and nursing management of a designated area/s, including the supervision of staff and students. In order to achieve this the senior sister will work in a supervisory capacity and be expected to be a role model for the team, you will supervise and direct junior staff and senior staff.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and to be accountable for own actions
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient and family needs
- Undertake extended roles such as IV cannulation, phlebotomy
- Contribute to research based care and other practice development initiatives
- Contribute to the setting of clinical standards, policy and procedure
- Promote good communication channels among staff enhancing good team work
- Maintain a safe environment for patients and staff
- Deputise for the Cardiac Ward Manager in their absence, demonstrating leadership and management
- Provide patients and families with information regarding care and management of their condition
Skills & Experience
- Registered Nurse Level 1 and strong experience within Cardiac Nursing.
- UKCC Registration and PREP requirements
- ENB course/experience relevant to specialist area desirable
- Phlebotomy training desirable
- Excellent managerial, leadership and organisational skills are highly desirable
Reward & recognition:
We reward your commitment in delivering the highest standard of care with generous and competitive benefits such as our contribution pension scheme, private medical insurance, annual salary review. We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education. We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: