Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse-General Surgery
Salary: From £36000 to £42000 per annum
HCL are recruiting a Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse – General Surgery based in London.
As a Paediatric Senior Staff Nurse working within one of our inpatient wards, you will provide clinical leadership and ensure the provision of high quality nursing care to children and families. You will be undertaking delegated responsibility for the department in the absence of the Sister/Charge Nurse and working to promote a progressive attitude to the continual improvement of patient care through research and evidence-based practice.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility for the unit in the absence of the Sister/Charge nurse
- Co-ordinate patient care with the multidisciplinary team
- Manage allocated resources effectively and efficiently
- Ensure documentation is completed accurately and within agreed timescales
- Ensure the provision of appropriate mentors for student nurses and provide a supportive and challenging environment for students in training.
- Ensure that tailored care plans are in place for all patients in the designated clinical area.
Skills & Experience:
- NMC Child Registered Nurse (RN Child / RSCN) with immediate paediatric life support
- Understanding of Safeguarding issues
- Teaching and mentoring experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent clinical governance and experience with audits
- Experience of supervising and assessing students and shift leading is desirable
Reward & recognition
- Contribution pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Annual salary review
- We invest in your career development with clear career pathways and access to further education.
- We can also offer you support with relocation if you are living outside of London or the UK; subject to terms and conditions.
The attractive and competitive salary for this role is £36,000-£42,000 (dependent on Experience & Skills) + 9% shift enhancement and flexible benefits.
*Terms and conditions apply.
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: