Breast Care Nurse
Salary: From £30000 to £40000 per annum
HCL Permanent are looking for a first level Registered General Nurse to join our Hospital in Kingston. The ideal candidate will have effective interpersonal and communication skills, and a commitment to delivering the highest standards of care and service to our patients.
We offer excellent working conditions and encourage and support personal and professional development.
- To work in a clinical and service development capacity to ensure the service to breast patients is planned, delivered and evaluated in line with evidence-based practice
- To work closely with the multi-disciplinary team to help create and maintain a robust service whilst seamlessly incorporating other centre services such as diagnostics, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- To provide psychological support, information and advice to patients diagnosed with breast cancer
- To provide overall clinical leadership for all breast services
- Assess, implement and evaluate physical, social and emotional care for patients with breast cancer in line with current evidence and both national and local policies
- Be an expert communicator
- Act as the patient’s advocate and key worker
- Ensure all patients understand their treatment options, providing all necessary information in a format suitable to the patients’ needs to ensure informed consent
- Be part of the multi-disciplinary team and communicate with other members to ensure the best care is delivered seamlessly to the patient
- Form and maintain good relationships with consultants
- Assist in outpatient clinics with the consultants
- Play a key role in co-ordinating the patient’s care pathway across different treatment modalities
- Work with the team supporting and developing innovative service delivery in line with evidence-based practice and national standards
- Be an expert within the field of breast cancer, sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the patient pathway
- Act as a role model at all times and in accordance with the NMC Code of Professional Conduct
- Adhere to the NMC Code for Record Keeping and ensure all documentation is undertaken promptly to maintain contemporaneous patient records and to ensure effective communication across the MDT
- Be part of the Breast MDT where appropriate
- Be involved in the education and training of the clinical team to improve knowledge.
- Keep up to date with all current practices and research within the field of breast cancer
- Be part of clinical audit, data collection and service peer review where appropriate
- Actively commit to working in an open, transparent and honest manner within a culture dedicated to learning and improvement that strives to alert avoidable harm (statutory Duty of Candour).
In order for us to attract and retain the best people for our jobs, permanent staff are offered a competitive salary together with a range of core and voluntary benefits:-
Private Medical Insurance
The Hospital offers Private Medical and Dental Insurance for staff working over 20 hours per week.
Life assurance cover
Staff are all covered for ‘Death in Service’. A lump sum of four times annual salary is payable to dependents.
Contributory pension scheme
All staff are enrolled in the company pension scheme; with the option to opt out if you do not want to participate.
Staff counselling service
A free, confidential counselling service is available on request. The Hospital is also a signatory to Mindful Employer Plus who provide 24/7 confidential telephone support for staff.
Cycle to work scheme
A tax free scheme for purchasing a bike for cycling to work.
Subsidised meals on duty
A wide range of food options available to staff whilst on duty.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please contact on 07973 231 847.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: