Band 7 Specialist LD Nurse
City of Westminster, London
Band 7 Specialist LD Nurse
We are looking for experienced a Band 7 Specialist LD Nurse to join a Neurodevelopmental and Learning Disability Team based in Westminster, London.
You will be considered for this role if you are Primary Mental Health Professionals, CAMHS Practitioners, CAMHS Social Worker, CAMHS Nurse, and Mental Health Nurses.
Pay rate: £29 – £30 per hour
Hours: Mon to Fri – 9am to 5pm.
This vacancy has an initial 3 – 6 months contract likely to be extended
- Provide assessment and treatment interventions as appropriate to children with learning disabilities and autism referred to CAMHS
- Identify children with co-occurring psychiatric illnesses and ensure that they receive appropriate assessment and treatment
- Work with children who present with challenging behaviours common to children with learning disabilities (e.g. self-injurious behaviours and sexualised Behaviour)
- Work with other members of the multi-disciplinary team to provide assessment and treatment as a part of the Tier 3 services for children and adolescents with learning disabilities and /or autism
- Provide detailed written reports on children as required.
- Maintain professional standards in line with The Code of Conduct and assume responsibility for own professional conduct with regard to confidentiality, professional standards of care and professional updating
- To provide nursing advice and practical help where appropriate, to carers and relatives, schools and other professionals as required
- Organise available resources to provide a safe and effective level of care
- Report any inadequacies of resources and initiating and taking appropriate action to resolve detrimental situations.
- Assessing the needs and risks of individuals and families
- Attend and contribute to relevant meetings
- Creating appropriate and evidence-based care and treatment plans
- Plan the management of children with learning disabilities and autism who have co-occurring emotional/behavioral problems
- Providing other members of staff with support and advice regarding specialism
- Liaising with other professionals and agencies, schools and families.
- Support from a dedicated consultant with extensive social work and mental health experience in your particular region of the country
- Choice of a variety of social work jobs across 150 authorities throughout the UK within many specialisms.
- LTD, PAYE or Umbrella company payments with our daily payroll system
- Excellent referral scheme – £200 for each successfully placed person
Degree in Mental Health, Nursing, Social Work
It would be advantageous if you have been trained in ADOS and 3Di.
If you are interested in this position please call Sabah on 0207 861 8777, or click ‘apply
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: