Community Psychiatric Nurse
Salary: From £25 to £34 per hour
HCL Mental Health are seeking experienced and dedicated CPN for MH Liaison in Harlow, to start ASAP.
This is a 12 week placement working 3 days between Monday – Friday. The Long Day shift is 8am – 21.30 and Long Nights 19.30 – 8.30am.
Day Rate: £25 P/H
Night Rate: £34 P/H
- Develop and maintain specialist clinical skills and expertise in the assessment of people with mental health needs and dementia.
- Receive and assess referrals from the general wards and Accident and Emergency Department.
- Undertake assessments, planning, implementing and evaluating individualised care packages for patients.
- Ensure nursing assessment, care, and support of each client is appropriate to individual needs.
- Offer advice on management of patients with mental health issues and dementia.
- Provide specialist advice, support, and consultation to staff within the Team, outside Teams and other agencies.
- Feedback outcome of assessment to the referrer and agree and implement the management plan.
- Ensure that clients requiring further assessment and help are referred on appropriately.
- Implement effective joint care planning for people who repeatedly attend A&E.
- Arrange admission to the mental health services in conjunction with the liaison psychiatrist and the Home First team.
- Support and encourage closer working relationships with other professionals within the hospital.
- Support and participate in the introduction and delivery of short-term psychological interventions for a specific cohort of individuals.
- Have a sound knowledge/understanding of the legislation as part of the role of the Registered Mental Health Nurse, including Mental Health Act 1983, Mental Capacity Act. Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, Access to Information Act 1991, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and CPA. NICE Dementia Guidelines and National Dementia Strategy.
- To provide advice and monitor the use and provision of the Mental Health / Capacity act 1983 and other relevant
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: