Band 6 Community Psychiatric Nurse – CPN
Kingston upon Thames, Surrey
We are looking for an experienced Community Psychiatric Nurse to join as a band 6 to work with in Kingson Upon Thames, London.
You will be considered for these roles if you have Community Psychiatric Nurse, Registered Mental Health Nurse, Social work or Mental Health Nurse experience.
Pay rate: £26 – £27
Hours: 37.5 hours a week
This vacancy has an initial 3 – 6 month contract likely to be extended.
The management team are highly supportive and will give you all the help you need to feel happy and motivated in your job.
- To work independently as part of a multi-disciplinary team to, assess, plan and implement patient specific programmes of care/interventions under the Care Programme Approach, contributing to the continuous assessment of patients.
- To undertake complex mental health assessments using your professional knowledge and skills and evidence based practice.
- To function effectively across a variety of environments (e.g. ward, department, homes etc.) involving changing and demanding conditions To use a comprehensive range of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to communicate effectively with patients, their carers and families and colleagues. This may include people who may have difficulties with understanding or communication.
- To work in partnership with patients to agree goals and treatment proposals, gaining valid informed consent
- To have a working knowledge and understanding of the relevant legal frameworks: Mental Health Act, Mental Capacity Act, NHS and Community Care Act, National Assistance Act.
- To work in partnership with patients to assess their progress against mutually agreed goals, amending care plan as appropriate.
- To deliver a range of therapeutic interventions in line with professional requirements (appendix 1) and in accordance with the job specification
- To be responsible for own time management and the prioritisation of a caseload.
- To participate in clinical/professional and managerial supervision and provide practice / clinical supervision to designated registered and non-registered staff within the AMHT.
Support from a dedicated consultant with extensive social work experience in your particular region of the country
LTD, PAYE or Umbrella company payments with our daily payroll system
Excellent referral scheme – £200 for each successfully placed person
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: