Consultant in Stroke Medicine
Salary: From £79860 to £107668 per annum
We are looking for a dynamic and forward-thinking Consultant in Stroke Medicine to join and work within a Trust in North Cumbria. We equally welcome applications from existing and newly trained Consultants.
Relocation assistance of up to £8,000 may be available for successful applicants moving to the region.
Voted one of the best places to live in the UK, North Cumbria includes the Lake District, one of the country’s most outstanding places of natural beauty, housing is relatively inexpensive and there is excellent state and private education provision.
The successful candidate will be expected to
- Provide teaching for Junior Doctors, Medical Students and other members of the multi-disciplinary team
- Share with Consultant colleagues the role of educational or clinical supervisor to junior doctors in training including induction, provision of supportive formal appraisals, supervision of learning portfolios, and career advice as appropriate.
- undertake personal development and mandatory training
- Participate in clinical meetings and post graduate activities in the Trust.
- Participate in Clinical trials
- work closely with other specialist teams
- work with managers and professional colleagues to ensure the efficient running of services
- undertake administrative duties associated with the care of their patients and the running of clinical areas and also as required by the Clinical Lead, Clinical Director, Medical Director and Chief Executive.
- assist in the preparation of business plans.
- support and participate in the Booked Appointment Systems
- take an interest in research/teaching with participation in projects and courses
- participate in Consultant Appraisal and Job Plan Review on an annual basis and the revalidating process when necessary. The Trust will support revalidation. Participation in the Clinical Excellence Award Scheme, when eligible, is encouraged.
The successful applicant will be required to demonstrate a firm commitment to the principles of Clinical Governance including:-
- developing and maintaining appropriate systems and practice to ensure effective clinical audit.
- attending and contributing to the Trust Clinical Governance Programmes.
- ensuring that staff within their area of responsibility are aware of the Trust’s Risk Management Strategy, and that it is implemented
- participating in the Trust Clinical Incident Reporting System.
- developing a programme of personal continuing medical education and professional development in accordance with the recommendations of the relevant Royal Colleges. authorisation and interpretation of results
- involvement in policy and SOP preparation
- responsibility for quality assurance performance within the department, including taking part in all relevant national external quality assurance (NEQAS) programmes
- responsibility for achieving and maintaining full accreditation with Clinical Accreditation (UK) Ltd, or an equivalent agency
- business planning, including the assessment and introduction of new methods, and forward planning for staff and equipment requirements.
Who are HCL Permanent?
HCL Permanent are experts in helping healthcare professionals both in the UK and overseas, to find their perfect permanent job in the NHS, private sector or local authorities Our support is end-to-end, so we help candidates with everything from interview preparation, finding accommodation, and even meeting you at the airport if you are coming to start your new life in the UK!
What can HCL Permanent offer you?
- Lucrative referral scheme of up to £200*
- A dedicated registration team to help you through the process
- Free interview training to help you prepare when selected for an interview
- Assistance with moving to the UK, including opening a bank account and accommodation assistance.
If this job is of interest, apply to this role with your CV, or give our team a call on 07973 231 847 for more information on how HCL Permanent can help.
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms & Conditions
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: