Consultant in Gastroenterology
Rotherham, South Yorkshire
The Rotherham NHS Foundation Trust
We provide clinical assessment and management of patients in outpatient clinics and patients on the wards.
We provide a full range of endoscopy services – the diagnosis and treatment of problems of the gullet and stomach (with gastroscopy), large bowel (with colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy), and pancreas and bile ducts (ERCP).
We have specialist nurses to counsel, support and guide in the management of:
- Indigestion and heartburn
- Inflammatory bowel disease.
- Acid and pressure studies of the gullet to aid the management of complex disorders
- Various X-rays and imaging (e.g. ultrasound, CT, MRI) to investigate disorders of the digestive tract. We publish a leaflet on Having an MRI scan at Rotherham Hospital that you might useful.
- Isotope scans (for the investigation of diarrhoea, malabsorption, bowel inflammation etc.)
- Identify Helicobacter pylori (the bug that causes ulcers) by various tests
- DEXA scan (to assess bone health)
- Biopsy of the liver and digestive tract and microscopy studies to understand more clearly the nature of the disease.
Joint care with the Surgeons of patients with gastrointestinal problems. We participate in multi-disciplinary team (MDT) meetings to discuss best practice for gastrointestinal cancer diseases and inflammatory bowel disease. We work closely with Sheffield Teaching Hospitals to supplement tertiary care for anyone who needs it.
Our dedicated medical and support teams try to ensure the best care possible for patients seeking help and treatment from the Gastroenterology Unit.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: