Band 8a Clinical Pharmacist
Salary: From £24.00 to £28.00 per hour
We have an amazing opportunity for a dedicated Band 8a Clinical Pharmacist to work in London.
This is a full time position from Monday to Friday to cover for the months of November and December 2019.
What you will need:
- You must have the right to work in the UK
- Current GPHC registration
- Enhanced DBS
- 3 years worth of references
- NHS Hospital Experience
Hospital pharmacy experience to include:
- Ability to take responsibility for the delivery, management and development of a high quality, comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to a clinical specialty
o Ability to attend and actively participate in ward rounds and multidisciplinary team meetings where appropriate
o Ability to provide advice and guidance on all issues relating to prescribing and therapeutics of drugs used in the area in line with national and local guidelines, including clinical trials (The clinical trials will be relevant to the specialty and managed under the direction of the senior pharmacist for clinical trials).
o Use of specialist knowledge and experience to appraise information and give advice to prescribers.
o Ability to lead the daily organisation of pharmacy staff working in the specialty. This may include dealing with any personnel issues that may arise
o Ability to risk assess and ensure medicines use and storage within the specialty is in accordance with legal requirements and Trust policies
o Ability to plan and organise audit of medicines management and controlled within the specialty
o Ability to collect, analyse and report clinical key quality indicators data
Ability to ensure safe rational and effective prescribing by undertaking medication reconciliation, assessing suitability of prescribed medication, enabling use of patient’s own medicines and counselling (to optimise medicines use)
- Ability to interpret and request clinical tests to monitor and make recommendations to improve effectiveness of drug therapy.
- Ability to pro-actively liaising with other members of the multidisciplinary team (medical staff, nurses, microbiologists, physiotherapists, dieticians) in order to ensure safe use of medicines.
- Ability make recommendations about medicines to improve patient outcomes and to encourage adherence to hospital formulary and national guidelines.
- Ability provide advice and guidance in relation to unlicensed medicines use and clinical trial medicines
- Ability to ensure the efficient, safe and timely supply of medicines for individual patients during their stay in hospital, and when discharged
About HCL Healthcare
HCL Healthcare is one of the UK’s leading suppliers of allied healthcare and health sciences professionals. We work with candidates to provide flexible, career-boosting roles all across the UK.
With years of experience, a huge number of awards and relationships with hundreds of NHS trusts & private hospitals in every corner of Britain, we can offer you opportunities to suit your lifestyle and ambitions – whether on a locum or permanent basis. We can also support nurses at every level, and across a number of disciplines, including Dietitians, Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Podiatry, Radiography, Sonography, Speech & Language Therapy, Biomedical Sciences, Cardiology, Pharmacy and Phlebotomy.
What HCL Healthcare can offer you:
- Weekly payments
- Lucrative referral scheme*
- Flexible working hours
- Dedicated registration team to help you through the process
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
*Terms and conditions apply.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL Healthcare operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavor to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: