Permanent Medical Secretary
HCL Admin & Clerical are currently recruiting for a Private Gynaecology Practice situated in Central London. We are recruiting for a Permanent Medical Secretary to start ASAP.
The practice is busy and dynamic with 8 Consultant Gynaecologists.
Medical secretarial duties – clinic management:
- Dealing with telephone and email enquiries from patients, other hospitals and practices
- Ensure the clinic is prepared, computer logged on, tidy etc.
- Ensure patients are comfortable during their wait and keep them updated with any clinic delays.
- Management of patient exit from the practice to include:
- Raising invoices, taking payments (card/cash) and creating receipts
- Booking follow up appointments and/or scans etc
- Collecting patient feedback if appropriate upon exit from the practice
Providing cover for other secretaries and Customer Service Administrator for busy periods, lunch cover and annual leave. Duties to include:
- Answering main telephone line and dealing with calls from new patients, booking appointments and taking payments.
- Manage the Practice email inbox, taking specific responsibility for the following enquiries: booking appointments, providing general information and forwarding emails to relevant team member as necessary.
- Dealing with incoming post, sorting and sharing with relevant team members.
- It is essential that Candidates have held a similar role previously
- PC Experience (MS Office Suite) essential
- Excellent telephone manner is essential
- Practice Manager (DGL) software experience is desired but not essential
The hours are Monday – Friday 08.00 – 16.00, 09.00 – 17.00 and 10.00 – 18.00
The annual salary is £28,000 per annum but the client can be flexible dependant on experience.
Candidates will be required to complete HCL Admin and Clerical’s compliance process which is inclusive of the below:
- Most recent 3 years worth of references
- DBS clearance
- Right to work documentation
HCL is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. HCL Healthcare operate in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently UK residents and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, due to the high volume of applications we regret that this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification from us within 30 days please take your application as not being successful this time but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.
Please do submit your up-to-date CV if you are interested in the above requirement and the team will be in contact with you if you are shortlisted.
Apply for this job
Or fill in the form below: