The health & social care professionals of this country are absolute heroes in our eyes, and during these unpredictable times, this is clearer than ever. We know you have given so much of your lives to the public already, and appreciate the tireless work you are doing to keep our country’s hospitals running under the increased demands during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
There are really no words that can truly express how grateful our country is to our workers, however here are some tokens of appreciation being offered across the country to say THANK YOU! We’ll keep this updated as frequently as we can!
Stay fed and watered
Free pizza at Domino’s (20th March)
- On Friday (20 March), Domino’s will give a free medium pizza to NHS staff who bring in their ID to one of the participating stores upon collection, as a way of saying thank you.
- Eligible in stores in Barnsley, Beverley, Buxton, Castleford, Doncaster, Dumfries, Goole, Heckmondwike, Hemsworth, Hessle, Honley, Huddersfield, Hull ,Lancaster, Leek, Liverpool, Morecambe, Penrith, Pontefract, Sheffield – Fox Valley, Whitehaven, Bexley, Bexleyheath, Birchington, Borough Green, Erith, Heathfield, Herne Bay, Hither Green, London – Honor Oak, Margate, Paddock Wood, Sheerness, Sidcup, Sittingbourne, Southborough, Thamesmead
Free coffee at Starbucks
- Free Filter coffee will be available to NHS, Council or emergency services staff members
50% off food at Nando’s
- Nandos has announced on Twitter it’s offering 50% off food to NHS staff when you show work ID.
50% off food on Leon
- it’s offering 50% off food to NHS staff when you show work ID, and are also offering those who work in hospitals near to LEON restaurants free deliveries on food.
Free hot drinks and 50% off food at Carluccio’s
- Carluccio’s is offering free drinks to NHS workers when you show your work ID, plus if you’re a Blue Light card holder, you’ll also be able to get 50% off food.
Free hot drink or soup and 50% off food at Itsu
- Itsu is offering free hot drinks and miso soup, as well as 50% off food, to all NHS staff when you show your work ID.
Free hot drinks and 50% off at Pret a Manger
- From Wednesday (18 March) onwards, Pret a Manger is offering all NHS staff free hot drinks, alongside giving them 50 per cent off all food. Anyone with an NHS staff ID can pick up the free drinks and discounted food in all branches of the coffee chain.
Free drinks at McDonalds
- McDonald’s announced on 18th March that it will be giving out free drinks in their restaurants and Drive Thrus to NHS workers, emergency services personnel, and health and social care staff as the coronavirus outbreak continues. In order to claim your free drink, you will need to present your ID.
Free drinks at Burger King
- Show your NHS ID at the counter at Burger King to get a free drink
Free hot drinks at Greggs
- Greggs is giving all NHS, emergency service and social care workers free hot drinks to say thanks for their work during the coronavirus crisis – just show your pass to claim your drink.
50% off food at Brewdog
- Brewdog are giving NHS staff 50% off all food orders! Simply use discount codes DRIVETHRUNHS or COLLECTNHS at the checkout of your order and show a member of our crew your NHS staff card to claim. Find out more here
Take a moment for yourself
Free wash, blow-dry & style at Rush Hair & Beauty
- When you’ve got a moment for some self care, Rush are offering a FREE wash, blow-dry & style for all NHS Staff! Find out more here
Get some rest
Free accommodation at Manchester’s Hotel Football and The Stock Exchange
- Gary Neville has announced that two hotels he co-owns with former Manchester United teammate Ryan Giggs will close to the public from Sunday 22nd March and be made available to NHS staff free of charge. Hotel Football and The Stock Exchange, both in Manchester, will remain fully staffed to offer accommodation to health workers who cannot live with their families due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Accommodation at Chelsea’s hotel
- Chelsea Football Club is joining the medical response to the coronavirus outbreak in London with the news the National Health Service (NHS) has accepted the Club’s offer to make the Millennium Hotel at Stamford Bridge available for NHS staff.
Are you free to work?
As we’re sure you are aware, hospitals across the UK are under strain during the COVID-19 pandemic – if you are available for work please let us know by filling out our quick Submit Availability form.