If you’re a qualified social worker from overseas with at least 12-month experience, we’re ready to support your journey to the UK. We have hundreds of permanent social care jobs available throughout the UK, including Adults; Children & Families; Fostering & Adoption; Learning Disabilities; Mental Health (CAMHS). Here is what you need in order to come and work in the UK:

Social work qualification

In order to work as a social worker in the UK you should have a masters degree in social work. However, we might consider other forms of qualifications.

Sufficient level of English

If English is not your first language, you must reach IELTS level 7 in English. Alternatively, you can present a Naric certificate.

Eligibility to work in the UK

You will need to confirm you are eligible to work in the country. If you are from a non-European Union country, you will need to hold a relevant visa. We will assist you completing all the forms.

Health and Care Professionals Council (HCPC) registration

HCPC is the health regulator in the UK and you need to register with them in order to practise social work in the UK. Registration is simple and we will support you with it.

Interested in working in the UK?

We have helped hundreds of foreign social workers find their dream jobs in the UK. You can be next. Consider optionally DAAD scholarship. Upload your CV or give us a call on +4420 7861 8777 (extension 3). We understand what’s like to relocate to another country. Our friendly team of experienced consultants will also help you with:

  • Writing an effective CV
  • Preparing for your phone/Skype interview
  • Booking flights to the UK
  • Finding accommodation
  • Setting up bank account(s)

One Response to “How to become a social worker in the UK, a guide for international candidates”

  1. Hi I’m an international social worker with 8 years post qualufication experience working with children, youth and families. I’m very interested in the above mentioned roles and may you please provide me with more details on how to apply. I’ve already initiated my HCPC registration and I’m in the last stages of getting Registered.

Leave a Reply